Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Existence of Life is a Highly Overrated Phenomenon



On March 10, 2009 Michael McLendon of Kinston Alabama burnt his mother's house down after shooting her and her dogs. He then drove on to Samson Alabama where he shot and killed his grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, and a child. McLendon then proceeded to drive around and shoot at people simple sitting on the front porches and some people at a gas station killing at least four more. After the police went after him he shot and killed himself.

The next day, a 17 year old in Germany returned to the highschool he graduated from less then a year ago. There he proceeded to shoot and kill 8 female student, 3 female teachers, and 1 male student. He then ran outside, shot and killed a man waking down the road, forced his way into another man's vehicle and told the man to drive. As the police began to chase him he ended up at an auto dealership and ran inside where he then shot and killed a sales man and a customer. Shortly after he went back outside and had a shootout with the police force shooting and injuring two officers. Eventually the shot and killed himself making the body count 16.

I cannot conjur the words to describe how this makes me feel. I wonder if that girl will be smiling this Thursday?

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you just call your blog "EVERYTHING DEPRESSING... EVER"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you come back and challenge the smiling girl really pisses me off for some reason. I feel like I need to defend her. Just because she is smiling doesn't mean she is ignorant or oblivious of all the horrible shit that is happening in the world. Regardless of everything or anything, she is finding reason to smile. I think that is admirable, I wish you could see it as admirable too, and I hope she is smiling again today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering if she was going to be smiling, not that I thought she was a bad person for smiling when bad things happen or anything like that. Kudos to her if she can. I didn't see her today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping she was going to be smiling too.

    ReplyDelete