Monday, March 30, 2009

99 Red Balloons vs. 1 Black Balloon


Listen to this:



Lyrics:

Baby's black balloon makes her fly
I almost fell into that hole in your life
And you're not thinking about tomorrow
'Cause you were the same as me
But on your knees

A thousand other boys could never reach you
How could I have been the one
I saw the world spin beneath you
And scatter like ice from the spoon
That was your womb

Comin' down the world turned over
And angels fall without you there
And I go on as you get colder
Or are you someone's prayer

You know the lies they always told you
And the love you never knew
What's the things they never showed you
That swallowed the light from the sun
Inside your room

Comin' down the world turned over
And angels fall without you there
And I go on as you get colder
Or are you someone's prayer

And there's no time left for losin'
When you stand they fall

Comin' down the world turned over
And angels fall without you there
And I go on as you get colder

All because I'm
Comin' down the years turn over
And angels fall without you there
And I'll go and lead you home and
All because I'm
All because I'm
And I'll become
What you became to me



Don't you just wish you could go back the 90's to be depressed? Seems like depression, sadness, and lonelyness was so real back then. Not to say I am either of those three, though I'm sure deep down I am all three. Oh well though, for I have to Goo Goo Dolls to feel like shit with. Funny how the imagery of one black balloon some how can rival that of 99 red ones. Both have such an amazing ability to make your imagination's jaw drop in awe. Vast numbers and lack of numbers both very bold, red and balck very epic. What color is your balloon? How many are there?

7 comments:

  1. I love that song.

    I have two balloons, one is yellow and already full of air (or helium or whatever) and the other is orange and isn't blown up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like my balloons have floated so far away that i may never see them again...


    it was odd that you noted the depressing tone of 90's music in general. when i listen to this song (entire album i suppose), or most any other 90's music, i love it, but i always feel depressed or like i missed out on something.

    i like your blog music posts. sometimes i don't comment, but i read them all. keep posting, i'll try to coomment more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHH, you know that's my favorite Goo Goo Dolls song!:D
    Haha.
    I didn't see this blog until now.

    I think I have more balloons than I would like to count, but they are not infinite--there is an end one somewhere. They are all different colors.

    The grass is littered with many popped balloons and un-filled balloons--the un-filled ones might become filled someday and join the other ones around me, or they might lie in the grass forever.

    The one I am currently floating with is red with thick yellow stripes. When I move on I will grab the next balloon and let the old one go, and watch it get smaller and smaller as it flies into the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My balloons, yes a have a few, are all very different, float at different heights.

    The highest flying is a bright vibrant red and it's my love, just general love. The next highest is varying shades of green, kind of like camo, but less defined, and this is nature. the rest of my balloons follow similar patterns, all corresponding to something important to me; art, music, academics, etc.

    However I think all these balloons are being held down. They float, though not very high. They're all tethered to a large, solid, jet black lead weight. I'm holding a knife, but I can't quite jump high enough to grab that weight. Ironic, the balloons hold it high enough that I can't reach, but it holds them from flying free to their potential.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Goos did a cover of "99 Red Balloons" at a show in Buffalo in '93. If anyone has the video, let me know, OK?

    ReplyDelete