Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Ok


Listen to this:

http://mineorecords.com/mp3/lotalk-its.mp3

It's Okay,
I don't even cry
all I think about is a memory
in that dream when you kissed my arm
as I look away, don't hear
what I say

That maybe when I die
I get to be a car
driving in the night
lighting up the dark.
something in your voice
sparks a little hope
I'll wait up for that noise
your voice becomes my home

Long way round, don't care what I find
A little thunder's good, I thought maybe you would
but it's okay, we all feel left out
sometimes growing up, it can get you down.

I give you some thing that no one's gonna to give you
my sleepin' skin and my heart deep down in you
I'll never tell you, but you're my little scar
Goodbyes are hard and they're hard and they're hard

Maybe when I die
I get to be a car
driving in the night
Lighting up the dark
Something in your voice,
sparks a little hope
Ill wait up for that noise
your voice become my home

-Land of Talk-

I can't get over that thought of becoming a car when I die. That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard in my life. Everyone want's to be remembered after death, or to go to heaven, or to go to hell, or for nothing to happen. I feel these desires are too much for the human mind to lust over. Even reincarnation is too much for me to handle, but this idea of a car simply lighting up the night... holy shit. I wish that someday I can have such simple needs, wants, and wishes. I think we would all be happier if that was the case. Life would be quieter. Tomorrow would come and go, and conversations would be warm. Life is glass and dreams are clay. What are you molding?

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. . . I think this means I should go to bed. It's conjuring very (sur)real(?) images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me cry. in a good and bad way. i know that it would be hard for me, if not impossible, to be so simple and okay with that sort of thing. and that makes me sad. i'm sad that i have become a 'product of the times'. i'm sad that i feel i need something more to be happy or to be okay. but it's a good sad. it;s a good cry. because i need this reminder more often in my daily life. it seems to have been the goal of many prominent historical figures (mostly non-amerian..) to simplify. when i think about it, i realize how hard it is for me to slow down and try to be content with simple things. i am afraid of death. i am afraid to live sometimes.
    i don't know what i'm molding, and that scares me most of all. what the fuck am i doing? scared turns into sad turns into numb.

    i'm sorry my comment turned into a blog...
    but thank you for leaving a reminder to try to slow down and to be alright with something simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that death is nothing but the warmness of closed eyelids in front of a bright light, the ease of just beginning to wake up without an alarm, and the comfort of not caring that you are alone.
    I like this song.

    ReplyDelete