Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Elapse


Oh life, without you I would be bored and dead.

I have been thinking about time a lot recently. I am becoming increasingly more disturbed by how fragmented it is and how little of it we ever see. We only ever catch a second of it at a time, and to me a second is not enough to understand something. Yes we have video and camera equipment to document and record seconds in the past, but there is nothing there. A photograph of myself is a documentation of something that is not there not will ever be anywhere again. As a second is birthed a second dies. All that is falls in the realm of a second. I have a hard time grasping this. All of existence is contained on a single second at any given time. Insane.

So far throughout history, though history might be sham for it too exists in something that no longer exists (CONTRADICTION AHHHHHHHHHHH!), time has been flawless, for we have always experienced the next second following the one we currently were residing in, but what if time is not perfect? All of what we know would be doomed, for all that was, is, and will be (oxford comma alert) has, does, and will (x2!) exist in a single second. If a second ever failed to come there it goes. Everything lost and gone. As I had just typed the word "gone" that second is now gone and I will never live it again. That scares me. This sense of never going back, never seeing anything of that sort again makes this all seem so pointless. Who/what ever created this must known a big something we don't know, or is a complete moron

One second dies another is born, and we wait for our own time to be replaced with a new version. I am not really sure where I was going with this and I fear I never will, just needed to get it out. Thank you for sacraficing your seconds for me. I hope they did not die in vain.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that any amount of time spent regarding a person is ever in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a scary thought, the fact that we can never ever go back, but I suppose that's what makes time so precious to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think of the seconds as individuals, but as time a long whole, that is never complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't see that for once a second passes I will never interact with it again. Something that isn't there can;t be part of something to me. Same goes for the seconds we have yet to experience.

    ReplyDelete